Thursday, September 27, 2012

Next steps

It has been a great few years training and racing for Ironman. Despite never quite reaching my ultimate goals of sub 10  hours and Hawaii, I have been close. This is an important crossroads. There are really two paths to take when it comes to triathlon for me currently. One is to continue to race Ironman distance. The second is to take a break and then focus on shorter distance races for the next year. As much as I would like to continue to race Ironman, I need a break. I'm physically, mentally and emotionally spent after the last few years. I could take a few weeks off and then get right back into it, but I don't think that's what I need.

So, I'm going to be human for a while. I'm going to just have fun this year. No major races as of now, simply local and regional shorter events. Maybe a 70.3 but that would be it. I'm going to enjoy racing in the pool a bit, some bike racing maybe, and a couple running races. And if I feel good about the balance in my life leading into spring then I will settle on a shorter race or two to focus on. It should be fun. And I'm excited. I love racing. I'm excited to have the swim become an important part of the race again. And now that I have a decent bike split...this shorter stuff could be really fun!

Thanks for checking in. Appreciate the support.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment