Saturday, February 26, 2011

Where is spring?

Well, I must admit...I am so tired of hearing about snow. You see I live in Portland, Oregon. Not known for it's snowfall, but instead for it's rainfall. So when snow develops, even a small amount...the city goes crazy. Normally I don't really care, right now though, I just want to see spring. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the rain either. But, you can train in rain, especially just showers. I won't however ride in snow and ice. Instead I'll take to the trainer or rollers and keep it safe.

The purpose of this rant however has yet to develop. And now, well I'm too preoccupied cursing the weather to remember where I was headed! So for all of you that love the snow, I'm with you...if it's December or January. But it's damn near March. And I'm sick of training indoors. OK, there it is, off my chest. On to more relevant topics? Not really, but I can say I'm still feeling really good about my progression this year despite all the illnesses during the winter. I feel like we are right where we need to be with just a few more weeks of base work before Muddy starts to put his foot on the gas. Man, I can't wait! The season can't get here soon enough. Thanks for taking the time to check in. Enjoy a shot of our beautiful city with some (very minor) snow below.
-T


1 comment:

  1. I feel for ya man...this is part of the reason we left Seattle. I wasn't even training for anything at the time but the rain (and occasional snow) just beats you down. Love the cities (Portland/Seattle) just can't stand the rain :)

    Hope you're well otherwise.

    Just finished Ragnar Del Sol - race report coming soon...

    ReplyDelete